Projection Mapping Development 2

For my final projection mapping, I decided to create some mountains using projection mapping as I wanted to push myself from simple square polygons of my earlier test.

The image I chose was by Franck Laboue on flicker (Link)

12079768545_75c76c9b38_z

With this, I want to achieve a shot of the camera passing over the mountain showing everything behind it, such as a shot of a heroes journey to the furthest mountains. or the reverse effect as if the main character is walking along these cliffs as the camera pans out to show how far they have left to go. This is something I will attempt as I progress through the development of this.

I followed everything I knew so far about projection mapping setting up the camera and perspective to match the scene, and I just began to slowly build up the mountain. I wasn’t sure how to go about building it up from scratch so I just kept going with what I thought was working.

One thing I’m noticing is some quad faces aren’t flat between the 4 vertices and are acting like there is another edge there. This is something I should look into fixing as I finish the first mountain and see how to fix it as I go on with the second.

It’s still early into the development into this mountains so not many problems have appeared otherwise. So here is a clip so far!